“The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph,whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.” (John 6:41-48)
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” (John 6:51)
Jesus is the Bread of Life and there are several characteristics of “Bread”.
- Bread is universal – bread is a part of all cultures, and everybody eats bread. Jesus is for everybody.
- Bread begins with a grain of wheat until it g rows; it is cut down beaten and grounded; put in the oven to rise, and served on a platter to meet the physical needs of humans. Like bread, Jesus was beaten, and is served on the spiritual platter through the Word of God to nourish humans spiritually.
- Bread sustains life. Jesus is essential for the survival of the human spirit.
- Bread strengthens. “I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency.” (Psalm 28:14)
- Bread satisfies life. Jesus, like bread satisfies your life. When you chew on Jesus and allow Him to fill you, the more satisfaction you have with life. “Blessed and fortunate and happy and spiritually prosperous (in that state in which the born-again child of God enjoys His favor and salvation) are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God), for they shall be completely satisfied!” (Matthew 5:6)
Jesus is the Bread for you. He is everything you need. Remember God provided manna for the Israelites.
Manna is white = purity of Jesus
Round = No beginning or ending
Sweet = Jesus is sweet in character
Came from Heaven = Jesus came from heaven through God
“Stop toiling and doing and producing for the food that perishes and decomposes [in the using], but strive and work and produce rather for the [lasting] food which endures [continually] unto life eternal; the Son of Man will give (furnish) you that, for God the Father has authorized and certified Him and put His seal of endorsement upon Him.” (John 6:27)
FEED on JESUS by using the R= Reading, S=Studying, M = Meditating, and A=Applying the Word of God, and you will experience real love, joy, peace, and hope.
“And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
* * * * * * * * * *
Karmen A. Booker has been called by God to exhort and teach others the Word of God. She is the founder of Wings of Love Women’s Ministry (WLWM), which is a teaching and evangelist ministry whose vision is to encourage and inspire people to accept and commit their lives to Jesus Christ so their lives will be transformed into righteousness, and they will experience unceasing love, joy, and peace.
WLWM offers ministry resource products that are designed to encourage you to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and take you to higher spiritual heights of knowledge and understanding of the Word of God!!! Go to www.womendestinedforgreatness.com and Click on “Ministry Resources of the Month Page” at the top of this blog to order Your Ministry Resources Today.