“This is My commandment: that you love one another [just] as I have loved you.
No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends. You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do.” (John 15:12-14)
Friend – is someone who regards you so highly that they want to be there when you need them; someone who says when everyone else goes.
What kind of friend Jesus is not:
- Jesus is not a fair weather friend who disappears when things get tough. In prosperity our friends know us, in our adversity we know our friends. Jesus will never leave me or forsake me.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief, ease, refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28-29)
- Jesus is not an unfaithful friend who stabs you in the back to get what he wants; betrays you. For example, Joseph’s brothers betrayed him. Judas betrayed Jesus. Jesus is faithful all the time. You can count on God to be faithful. Jesus stand sup to defend me forever. Jesus is loyal, faithful and true.
- A friends in “word” only – speaks the language of a fried, but they see you in trouble and won’t life their hands. Jesus loves me enough to sacrifice.
- A friend you can buy, which has no value. You don’t have to buy Jesus’ friendship. Jesus will always be my friend and nothing can separate your friendship. “Nothing in my hands I bring; simply to the cross I cling.”
- A friend that will flatter you. Tell you what you want to hear. A true friend will consider your feelings, but will tell you the truth. Jesus does not flatter. Jesus convicts you of wrongdoing, and stick s closer to you than a brother. Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Jesus will always be there for me.
Be careful how you choose your friends because they will influence you for good or for bad. Some friends will be there for portions of your life. Some friends will always be there for you – JESUS.
I pray that you will:
- Thank God for your friends.
- Choose Jesus to be your friend and pray that He will give you the grace to be His friend.
- This message will take root in your heart and you will apply it in your life.
* * * * * * * * * *
Karmen A. Booker has been called by God to exhort and teach others the Word of God. She is the founder of Wings of Love Women’s Ministry (WLWM), which is a teaching and evangelist ministry whose vision is to encourage and inspire people to accept and commit their lives to Jesus Christ so their lives will be transformed into righteousness, and they will experience unceasing love, joy, and peace.
WLWM offers ministry resource products that are designed to encourage you to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and take you to higher spiritual heights of knowledge and understanding of the Word of God!!! Go to www.womendestinedforgreatness.com and Click on “Ministry Resources ” at the top of this blog to order Your Ministry Resources Today.